Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to frequently asked questions. If you do not obtain the information you need, please contact us.

Can I change my due date?

You can change your due date only if your account is not past due. Contact us to request a change.

When do I begin paying back my loan?

What do I do if I am having trouble making my monthly payment amount?
Review payment assistance options that may be available to you.

What happens to my auto debit payment while I am in deferment or forbearance?

While in deferment or forbearance your auto debit temporarily stops. At the end of the deferment or forbearance period, your auto debit payments will resume on your scheduled due date, unless you notify us in writing to cancel your auto debit payments.

How do I change my name on my account?

To update your account with a new first and/or last name, you must provide us with a copy of one of the following via email or fax:

• Marriage certificate
• Social Security card
• Current driver's license
• Court order
• Certificate of U.S. Naturalization (form N-550 or N-570)

How do I update my school enrollment status?

Your school provides enrollment information to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) on a monthly basis, in most cases. If the system is not showing up to date information, you may be asked to contact your school to request enrollment verification.

Which browsers and browser versions are supported?

For the best experience, please review our detailed browser support information for Pathways2GSFA, GAfutures and other sites maintained by the Georgia Student Finance Commission.